Terberg Group wins 2017 Dutch Family Businesses Award
TAGS: Terberg Group, Family Businesses Award 2017, winner
After an unnerving wait the decision was announced: at a ceremony in the Nieuwe Kerk in The Hague, the Netherlands, the jury announced that the Terberg Group B.V. was selected as winner of the 2017 Dutch Family Businesses Award. This prestigious award was presented by Her Royal Highness Princess Laurentien of the Netherlands.
George Terberg, Chairman of the Board: "Who would have thought that our village forge, set up in 1869, would develop into the Dutch Family Business of the Year. We are incredibly proud of this and consider it as the icing on the cake which underlines the hard work undertaken by our family and employees every day to operate successfully throughout the world."
From the initial 500 family businesses, 10 were nominated, and then 4 finalists were selected:
• Brabantia, Valkenswaard
• Koninklijke A-Ware Food Group B.V., Almere
• Koninklijke Zeelandia Groep B.V., Zierikzee
• Terberg Group B.V., IJsselstein
The criteria considered by the jury to choose the winner were:
• Family and culture
• Continuity, actions and philosophy based on the long term
• Turnover, growth, financial performance
• International presence (number of countries)
• Governance structure
• Corporate social responsibility
The Terberg Group will celebrate the winning of this prestigious award together with all our 2500 employees in our 27 operating companies in 11 countries.